Current messages for students
VICE-DEAN for STUDENTS AFFAIRES STATEMENT on 2017 SUMMER EXAM SESSION and PROCEDURES from MAY 31st 2017
According to the Rector of the University of Łodz regulations no. 75 z 27.04.2016 regarding the division of the academic year 2016/2017, summer exam session lasts from 12 to 30 June 2017. The make-up examination session lasts from 13 to 30 September 2017 year. Deadline for taking exams and getting credits :
- Exams (E) and tests (Z) ending subjects from June 12th to June 30th 2017;
- Diploma seminars (SL, SM) from June 12th to September 30th 2017;
- Make-up exams (E) from September 13th to September 30th 2017.
1. Only a student who has an active student status in USOS system and a valid student card can take passes and exams in the session.
2. For each course ending with exam (E) there are two terms: the first term (12.06-30.06) and make-up session (13.09-30.09) A student who has not got a positive grade for exercises classes cannot take the final exam.
3. Grades must be written by lecturers to protocols in UsosWeb system within 14 days of the pass or exam. Students are advised to verify the grades in UsosWeb system. Any discrepancies shall be immediately notified to the teacher running the subject.
4. The student is required to take exams and obtain credits at the appointed time. Excuse for absence during an examination should be proven and delivered immediately to the teacher. Requests for extension of the session will be accepted only in exceptional cases confirmed by appropriate documentation.
5. Deadline for BA thesis submission ends on September 30th 2017 with no extension availability. Same for MA thesis, however with the 30 day prolongation opportunity in
accordance to supervisor and dean acceptance upon request.
6. The student who has failed the courses of summer semester to be passed before September 30th 2017 may ask for conditional registration for the following semester orrepetition by applying in the Student’s Office not later than October 15 th 2017. Student has the right to apply:
- For 1 subject – if having previous failed and not passed conditional registration;
- For 2 subjects – if having no previous arrears.
Passing the summer session means getting all positive grades in UsosWeb system on September 30th 2017. No summer session grading accepted after September 30th 2017!
Vice Dean for Student’s Affaires
Marek Sempach, PhD